12826847

I am on social security with x2 children since splitting up

Customer Question

I am on social security with x2 children since splitting up from my partner, since leaving him he has paid no maintenance. The year before I left him was quite acrimonious in this time he changed all the businesses that were in his name into his business partners, we also ran a local shop which was sold after I moved out and he is refusing to give me any equity.
How can I get him to pay maintenance (he already has a court order with a previous partner to pay her £400 a month for x1 child) and give me part of the equity from our previous business.
When working a the shop I ever took a wage and claimed family credit, I then discovered that my ex partners sister (book-keeper) stated on the books that I claimed a wage, when questioned she produced wage slips I had never seen, because of this I owed Tax Credits of £3000, I had been told that this was paid off by my partner as was his and his sisters mistake, but, have just received a tax credit bill for £6000. What can I do about this?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:- Are you/were you married?- What is his gross income?- How often, on average, do the children stay overnight with him each week?- Does he have any other children in his care?- Was the tax credit bill addressed solely to you?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.