12826847

My ex is accusing me of harassment. Says I have made an email

My ex is accusing me of harassment. Says I have made an email account and sent him messages and sent a family member a message on a social media site.
He has told me he is going to the police and that everyone will made aware of what I have done and things will get messy.
I'm not sure what to do if he does go to the police with these allegations.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Have you done this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Anything I have said has been through text or on the phone.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Will the messages link back to your IP address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't see how they could.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have previously said that I would contact a family member out of anger but have never followed through with it.
He accused me yesterday, having previously been at mine the night before.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, people do that sometimes. Unfortunately one of the negative effects of the Protection from Harassment Act is that some people seem to think they can call contact a visit when it suits them and harassment when it doesn't.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
As they would never do if they had to pay. Domestics should be in the family court but that is not current policy. If you didn't send the emails though then you just contest the matter.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
They will probably offer a caution but you shouldn't accept it if you are not guilty.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It is simple enough to prove that the IP address is wrong.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He knows I have already have a caution from 4years ago for battery.How can I prove that I haven't sent the messages?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You can't prove a negative but, as I have said, if you didn't send them then it shouldn't link back to your IP address.