75100385

A friend of mine has damaged my car. I asked him to

A friend of mine has damaged my car. I asked him to move a car within a car park and I didn't expect that an accident as such would happen. I know it is my own fault for giving him the keys. He has agreed to pay for the cost of the repair. However, he is unployed at the moment and asked kindly to wait until he gets a job so he can pay for the repair costs then. I would like to get some sort of legal document singed just for my own piece of mind. As the repair will cost £3,0000. Please advise.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What is it you would like to know about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know what can I do to have some sort of proof that he will pay for my car damage rather then just taking his word for it. Can we sign a legal contract or a letter that could be signed by a solicitor?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - you just need a simple document saying that he admits liability and agrees to repay you back £3,000.You should put by when you expect this to happen and if its by instalments, when they are and how much.Then just what happens if he doesnt pay.That is all you need. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does it need to be signed by myself and him only? Do I need any witnesses? If he doesn't pay by the agreed date, what would be my next step?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Both. Dont need to get it witnessed but you can if you want.If he doesnt agree then you take to Court (www.moneyclaim.gov.uk)Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, thank you. Will this simple letter be enough of a proof for court if he will refuse to make payment in full? Where I come from (Lithuania) something like this would have to be signed by a layer or solicitor., that's why I wasn't sure how this works in the UK.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is enough as it would be a small claim. Does not need to be a Solicitor. Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah it does. I feel a lot calmer now. Thanks very much for your help.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck. Alex. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure and thank you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
All the best. Alex