13262538

Is an executor of a will legally bound to ensure that the wishes

Customer Question

Is an executor of a will legally bound to ensure that the wishes of the Will are met, even if the siblings or next of Kin have not been catered for?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.Yes it is the duty of the Executors to carry out the wishes of the Will whatever they think of the contents.Only if there is a Court Order overturning the Will or there is a Deed of Variation signed by all parties can they do anything different.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details