F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I have found evidence of someone coming into my garden. It

I have found evidence of someone coming into my garden. It looks like they came to do some kind of repair from the junk they left behind. I presume the Housing Association sent these people. I have emailed the Housing Association who have eventually answered and they say no one was booked to my proerty that day but no one would come to my property any way because i am the leaseholder and respoinsible for the for the repairs. Are there laws off trepass covering this? What are my rights
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.
This is trespass and nuisance and potentially breach of privacy but realistically, unless the person has caused any damage, even an application to court is likely to prove fruitless.The laws of trespass in the United Kingdom are not particularly harsh unless the trespass is permanent.If you can find out who it was and they have left you behind, you can take them to court to get the cost of removing the junk although the money involved may not be worth the trouble of court proceedings.What you do find out who it is, you can write to them and tell them that if it happens again, you will apply to court for an injunction to stop them doing it again. From a practical basis, it’s not an application I would recommend you made but you can certainly threaten it.Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's a great answer. Many thanks