Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My son in law is accused of fathering a child. The child

My son in law is accused of fathering a child. The child has now been born and he has requested a DNA test to prove paternity. The mother is refusing. What can he do?
Regrds,
Pater
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. If the mother continues to refuse a DNA test, the father can apply to his local family court for a declaration of parentage application (form here:http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/HMCTS/GetForm.do?court_forms_id=2631) together with a court fee of £365.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiMy name is ***** ***** I have been a family lawyer for more than 30 years.Rather than taking the risk that the mother will simply agree that he is the father which will mean no DNA test - apply for a Child Arrangement Order and within that ask for a DNA test.