75100385

I own 50% of land that is used as an amusement park. We have

I own 50% of land that is used as an amusement park. We have received a very high seven figuar number for the land. Again the company that operates the park 50% is owned by me. Can the land be sold even if other owner disagrees ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Yes you have an interest in the land and are entitled to sell it. Otherwise it may never be sold ever if one party disagrees. So in the absence of any agreement between you which says you must both agree, yes you can sell it.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no agreement , but my question is if they say No I don't want to sell what can I do or say to force the sale and relies my interest in asset. We have owned this since 1977 and I am 54 and she is 71
Marshall Hill
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can seek a Court order making the other party sell. Does that help Marshall?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex , Yes it does and is a court order an easy or hard thing to get ? . Dare one ask time scale as well please. Obviously this is not a route I would wish but fore warned is fore armed . Where are based please
Marshall
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Time scale it may take a few months. You need to apply to Court who will consider the application.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it does and finally would it be a county court or high court and would I need a Barrister
Marshall
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
County Court. You can instruct a Barrister if you wish but a Solicitor may all be that is needed.Can I clarify anything else for you?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not at moment , but please send me your detailes. I'm a knees seller as I've been offered over 6 million for land !!!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly I cant be instructed. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site doesnt credit me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you and I'm happy with service
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Great. If I could invite you to rate my service before you go today please, otherwise the site doesnt credit me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance. Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I was happy with service
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Can I ask you to rate this please, clicking the happy face or stars?