75100385

I have 2.5K dispute with British Gas, i am a landlord

I have 2.5K dispute with British Gas, i am a landlord with a Home Care account with BG.
They left my property with no hot water or heating over the Christmas period, so i had to employ another contractor to install a new boiler, and the tenant's rent was deferred.
I want take BG to court to get my expenditure returned, i have contacted them and they have offered me £200.00p, which i have not refused.
What are my options
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex,I will contact you on Monday Afternoon after my meeting.Kind RegardsColin
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/