Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My wife will enter a nursing home shortly she has some funds

My wife will enter a nursing home shortly she has some funds of her own will they the social services consider my funds her husband as part of the equation
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thanks for your enquiry.So I may be able to answer you fully, could you please confirm-1. Is your property in joint names?2. Do you have any joint Bank or savings accounts?I look forward to hearing from you.Kind RegardsAl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tenants in common and we have joint banks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tenants in common and we have some bank joint bank accounts
Hello,Thanks for your reply.As regards ***** ***** can not touch this and on the basis that you are living there, they can not add your Wife's "50%" share when calculating how much capital she has.As regards ***** ***** accounts, both you and your Wife are deemed to own 50% each in these accounts, unless you can prove that, for some unusual reason, one party owns more than 50%.As regards ***** ***** savings, Social Services can not include any of this money, when calculating your Wife's capital/entitlement to any state help- they can only consider your Wife's own funds.I hope this assists and puts you mind at rest.Kind RegardsAl