75100385

I am a defendant in a claim in the County Court Business

I am a defendant in a claim in the County Court Business Centre.
It relates to an unpaid bill for works done.
The work was repair to a boat engine. The boat was sold to me and during delivery the engine was damaged.
The company that sold me the boat have always denied responsibility but I believe they are responsible.
They have now instigated the claim on the grounds that I approved the work.
The Court Guidance Note appropriate to this case is that I disagree with the claim.
The focus of my defence will be that the actions taken by an employee of the boat company resulted in the engine damage and therefore the boat company bears responsibility.
My question therefore is... does this constitute a counter-claim or am I simply 'disagreeing with the claim'??
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Just so I am clear, are you blaming the Claimant or a third party please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am blaming the claimant because I paid the claimant for the services of their employee
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - its not a counter claim. Its just you are defending the claim. Its only a counter claim if you are seeking money from the Claimant.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I not seeking money from them by nature of the fact that the unpaid bill in question is for the repair to the engine. I am saying they ver responsibility so in effect they should bear the cost of their own repair??
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed. So its just a defence, thats it. No counter claim.Does that help? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does. Thanks!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Great. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site doesnt credit me for my time spent with you. Thanks and good luck. Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/