75100385

I note your answer re MAP in the UK but does this apply if

I note your answer re MAP in the UK but does this apply if your customers are businesses rather than "retail" customers? i.e. consumers?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Could you please explain your situation a little more?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We manufacture products for light commercial vehicles. 99.9% of our customers are businesses. mIanly sole traders, partnerships and small ltd companies. Our products are sold by distributors throughout the UK. Many are Online businesses selling direct to Colin The Carpenter, Peter the plumber etc etc. Our online distributors in the past have made very small margin due to price under cutting and are looking to offer a maximum discount online of 20%. That way the customer gets a good deal but they make enough margin to warrant selling our products. We are concerned that if we got involved in sort of policing this we might run the risk of contravening UK law. I know some businesses in our industry inclduing one European Market leader do something similar via a Suggested price. Can you advise?
Andy
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes indeed. Sadly you cant do anything about pricing. Its called competition. If someone else wants to offer a product and make a small margin, operating out of a garage, you cant do anything about that. All you can do Andy is look to give a volume discount to your customers.But sadly that is about as far as you can go. You cant indicate what products should be sold for etc.I am sorry, but can I clarify anything?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We know that a number of companies do some sort of MAP/RPM so how do the regulatory body tend to view and deal with smaller companies/industries. We know their main focus is the Proctor and Gambols/Shell/BP/Tesco/Sainsburys etc so do they actually rigorously go after all regardless of size and do they slap wrists first or issue proceedings?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Its up to each body such as Trading Standards which is run locally. Some give a slap on the wrist, others refer on for prosecution. So its hard to say exactly what would happen. Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex
I will rate you shortly but how do I get a VAT receipt for the cost? Thanks Andy
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hi. You need to contact customer services for that please.***@******.*** - I only see the questions.Thanks. Alex