13262538

I have been awarded a Service Invaliding (SIP) and a War

Hi, I have been awarded a Service Invaliding (SIP) and a War Pension, can the CSA use this as part of my earnings. I also work full time for the NHS, but I'm happy to pay maintenance through this income (even though he is 18).
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion firstWhen was the first CSA assessment made?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I'm still on the old assessment a the moment (assessed 2001). However, I'm about to leave the CSA as it is now. My question will be relevant to the new guidelines, as I will be re-assessed in September 2016. Having said that, it will be beneficial to get an answer on both assessments. Thanks in advance, Mark
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, when can I expect an answer to my question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I have an update please
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delay - I am just waiting for a call back to check a fact (I know one of the Tribunal Judges!)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Just to check - is this a War Disablement pension that you are receiving?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I receive both a War Disablement Pension and a Service Invaliding Pension (SIP).
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
In that case you are automatically entitled to a Flat rate assessment - which your ex would then have to apply to vary based on your NHS incomeI am told that in order to honour the Intention the reassessment will ignore the Income from the Pensions since it is clear that it was intended that these monies should be exempt.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,
Thanks for your reply, it certainly helps. Have you got any references i.e. which I can quote when I go back to the CSA?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It is in the Regulationshttp://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2012/9780111526132/part/4/chapter/2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.