12826847

I have another question. I'm currently on pre charge bail.

I have another question. I'm currently on pre charge bail. I've been reading up on it and i understand that the police have 28 days in total to either charge me or let me go. I was originally arrested for abh and they said they would simply check cctv. I feel fine about that. However i've found myself counting the days and wondering. I was arrested on April 3rd at just after midnight - it had just turned april 3rd. I did walk into the police station at about 11.30pm on April 2nd as i had a voicemessage from the police telling me to come in. However i was given pre charge bail on 3rd april mid afternoon. I came back two weeks later and they gave me a further 2 weeks pre charge bail. I looked at the date and i have to turn up in the night of 2nd May. I dont know if i'm going mad but i count 29 days. When i read articles about pre charge bail it days only 28 days are allowed. Are these 28 days strict? Where do i stand with this?
They don't have 28 days. This is an either way offence. The reason Home Office report proposed a maximum bail period of 28 days but it hasn't happened yet.
Also, it is a dangerous proposal because all they will do is bring holding charges to get around it. That is what they used to do before PACE.
This is an either way offence so they have as long as they like although it will probably turn into a common assault for which they would have to lay an information before the court within 6 months.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo