29905560

My grandchildren passport expires 5 months after the date of

My grandchildren passport expires 5 months after the date of return from Europe is this OK?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Are you UK citizens and where are you travelling to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes UK citizens travelling to Spain
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You would not automatically have any issues if there are only 5 months left on their passports. All you have to worry about is what the requirements for entering Spain are. Your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay; you don’t need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this. As to coming back to the UK, all you need is a valid passport at the time of entry back into the country. So in both cases having 5 months validity will pose no issues and you can safely travel to Spain and back. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you