ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

The family court has mixed my name and the husband's name on

The family court has mixed my name and the husband's name on the certificate of entitlement for decree nisi. They are refusing to change it. My lawyer says she'll get them to put small print somewhere on the pronouncement in 3 weeks time. First, who can trust them even to get that right. Second, and more importantly, the husband nearly killed me so I won't let the certificate stand. Money is not an obstacle. Please advise best way forward.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. If the court have made an admin error on the order - then they should amend this. I have had numerous orders with errors such as typo's for the parties names and a simple call to the court staff has always rectified this. If the court staff wont assist then you should write a letter for the attention of a District Judge explaining the circumstances and asking them to amend the same. A Judge has the ability to ask for the order to be amended. Let me know if I can assist you further. Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to star rate our service