Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My son is 14 and has said he wants to live with his Father

Customer Question

Hi, my son is 14 and has said he wants to live with his Father over 200 miles away in Carlisle. His father doesn't speak to me. All messages seem to be related through our son. My son has 2 younger brothers who are with me. I feel Dad favours our 14 year old.I was only told about our son wanting to move yesterday and said his Dad is collecting him in 4 days time. My son will be starting his option years at school in Sept so I feel this disruption will not be good for my son. What can I do? It just feels all too quick and bad timing?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. As your son is 14, it is not really for him to decide who he lives with and if the father wished to chanhe the current arrangements he will need to apply to court if you oppose the move. A court will take into account your son's wishes and feelings, but ultimately will make a decision that is in his best interests until he is 16 years old.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.