ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

Assuming divorce is contemplated is it legal

Customer Question

Assuming divorce is contemplated is it legal for the solicitor to with hold my share without giving me any explanation. Is it legal at all for my husband to overturn the agreement just like that.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am sorry to say - but yes. Until an order is agreed either by consent or by the court - it is often the position that sale proceeds are not divided. If this is the position then I advise you to refer your case to family mediation so that you can reach an agreement with your husband and then get it approved by the court. There are lots of family mediation services and there will be one local to you. Just google family mediation in your area and give them a call to get the ball rolling. Kind Regards Caroline Please kindly remember to star my service so that we receive credit for helping you today