13262538

My sister in law will not let me see my brother in intensive

Customer Question

My sister in law will not let me see my brother in intensive care. The hospital have said that as she is the next of kin what she says goes. Is there anything I can do?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first.What is wrong with your brother?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has a number of problems over the last 6 - months, depression, alcohol addiction, trauma relating to the loss of my youngest brother 6 years ago. Diabetic, he recently started retaining water and got water on the lungs, he had a huge heart attack yesterday in hospital and is now in intensive care. He was also passing out a lot. My mum lives with my brother and his wife and my mum has been looking after him best she can. But she is also ill. This is as much as I know the hospital would not give any information this evening.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then I am so very sorry.Unless your brother is well enough to ask to see you - or to tell the nurses that he wishes to see you - then his Wife can indeed prevent you from going in.It is not fair - but at this point she does have that control.Please ask if you need further details