31090051

Further to my last question re. a Deed of Variation - If

Customer Question

Further to my last question re. a Deed of Variation -
If one beneficiary (out of 8 agreeing) contests a Will and refuses to sign, thus making it necessary to consult Counsel, is he responsible for paying any fees accrued by this action?
Hope you can help me yet again. Thanks Nancy Wagner
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
No, unless the matter proceeds to court where the rules are different, each party would be liable for their own legal costs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** for your response to my question. Your replies always clarify situations at a difficult time.
Warm wishes to you too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The family concerned in the inheritance is arguing regard inherited land etc. among themselves. At the rate that the Will is being implemented i am concerned that I will not be around to enjoy the legacy.I am 82 and am not in the best of health. As the only non family beneficiary am I entitled to request at least an interim payment?
I am not sure if this question has already gone through. Forgive me if I am repeating myself.
Nancy Wagner
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If you have been left a specific bequest and if there is cash in the estate, you are entitled to ask for a payment to account. The executors are entitled to make such a payment but they are also entitled to decide not to. They have discretion to act in the best interests of the estate and the beneficiaries.