31090051

My brother and I are executor's father's will. Do we

Customer Question

My brother and I are executor's for my father's will. Do we need a joint bank account for the proceeds of the sell of my father's house ?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You don't need a joint bank account. The solicitor acting in the sale will pay the money into his client account and distribute the funds to the beneficiaries in accordance with the will, along with any other funds due to the estate, and after payment of debts and other outlays of probate. Happy to discuss further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have done probate ourselves so do I just need to take Will into solicitor's office for this to happen? Or if I write saying I am happy for money to be paid into my brothers bank account, then he will forward to me.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
The solicitor would need an instruction from both of you as to where the money was to be sent. It could be either of your accounts as long as there is a clear written instruction.