Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Iv been asked by social services to take care of my grandaughter

iv been asked by social services to take care of my grandaughter when she is born but they are dragging there feet at assessing me .i already have full pr over my 3 year old grandaughter .now they are saying the baby will have to go in care until the assessments are done
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. When will your granddaughter be born and at what stage is the local authority's involvement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is due on 3/5/2016 my daughter has lost all 5 of her children so social services have been involved from the beginning
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The local authority will still have to assess a placement with you, and alternative options - they will be in a position to look at pursuing care proceedings to ensure that the relevant legal issues are dealt with and that your new granddaughter's needs are met - they will not be able to place her in care without either the mother's agreement or a court order.Of course if you are a viable option and care proceedings are issued, and the local authority are not pursuing this, you can apply to court to be joined as a party to the proceedings to pursue placement with you.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you