Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have home insurance with Santander - I pay my premiums to

Customer Question

I have home insurance with Santander - I pay my premiums to Santander. Aviva administer the scheme for Santander. I have recently made a claim - and the process has been very unsatisfactory - delay and poor quality remediation work. Santander have not taken any responsibility/ownership at all for the claim- and say that handling of the claim is a matter for me to take up with Aviva. Yet my contract is with Santander, their insurance products are clearly labelled as Santander products - is it correct that they can deny all responsibility/ownership for work/claims/complaints relating to the policy ?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tony if your contract is with Santander then they cannot absolve themselves of responsibility. I would suggest that you ask for a copy of their internal complaints procedure and follow it. If you do not get anywhere with that then you can raise a formal complaint to the financial services ombudsman who deals with insurance issues. You will find full details on the following website. http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htmIf you have any further specific questions please do ask. If I have answered your question i would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.