75100385

My son had a road traffic collision on the 27th April 2016,

Customer Question

My son had a road traffic collision on the 27th April 2016, due to his injuries, he was taken to hospital, where he was breathalised by a police officer & as far as I am aware his reading was 90. He was then arrested & asked to provide a blood sample which he did willingly. He was then de arrested & we have heard nothing since. How long should he expect to wait? I am in a dilemma as to what to do now as we are going through a claim with his insurance company. If he buys a new vehicle and is convicted further down the line, will the insurance company re possess the car? I have heard that they have got 6 months to convict. Any advice would be gratefully received.
Sarah
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Sarah my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Just to be clear this was on 27th April - but its only 24th April?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex
Sorry the 27th March
Sarah
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Sadly the Police have up to 26th September to charge for this offence. They havent got 6 months to convict just to bring a charge/information.Sadly he just needs to wait. If he buys a new car further down the line and is convicted his car wont get repossessed but he may need specialist insurance as his existing policy may be cancelled.But he just needs to sit tight at present - nothing may happen. I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/