75100385

Today I received a letter from Erudio Student Loands dated

Today I received a letter from Erudio Student Loands dated 29th February 2016. It states that "as part of the transfer of your account [to Erudio], we undertook a large project to rectify and iddue with some of the statutory notices that SLC had previusly sent. this has taken several months to complete due to its scale and complexity". This s in order for them to fulfill their obligations under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I have had several hundred pounds deducted from my account over the past 4 months and now that the loans have been deferred, I have been told I am only entitled to 3 months roll back. I was not properly informed that money would be coming out of my account, and my income is far beneath the threshohold after which I should be paying student loans. If I had been properly informed, as according to the law, this would have been avoided. Can you advise on a) if I can persuade them to return all the money taken and b) if I am entitled to compensation?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.When you said that you have had several hundred pounds deducted, you mean you have taken those sums out?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Alex,
just to clarify, several hundred pounds has been taken from my account by Erudio student loans despite not receiving warning letters by them that they would do so. My accountant had sent in proof for the deferment of the loans to Erudio, however he sent in the wrong documentation. As far as I was aware the loans had been deferred and I did not notice the outgoings from my account until last month. I received no communication that Erudio had not received the right information.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
On what basis was the money taken by them please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the basis that the loan hadn't been deferred
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
due to the reason given above
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - but there was no warning or authority so yes you should seek the money back.You should seek a full refund. You are only entitled to interest in terms of compensation on the sums claimed. But you can seek a full refund. If this is under £3000 it would be a small claim.For more information please see:https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-action/small-claimsCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I start by informing Erudio that this is my intention? What exact legal grounds shall I mention? Or should I go directly to small claims, you are right it is under £3000.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You should notify your intention and therefore give them warning.Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to clarify, should I say, "no warning or authority" was given that money would be deducted from my bank account? Is that enough legal grounds to make a claim? M
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Correct. Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great, review coming up. Thanks Alex