12826847

I have just been notified that my current car insurer will

Customer Question

I have just been notified that my current car insurer will be taking an extra £380 for the car insurance due to a claim that a previous insurer has put on the website.
This so called claim that they have paid out (unknown to me)was for a cyclist that hit my car causing £800 worth of damage to my car , the cyclist was going the wrong way on a one way street wearing dark clothing with no lights on the bike. All the details were sent to the insurer at the time(Oct. 2012) with correspondence from the police in which I was totally exonerated from any claim but of course the cyclist had no insurance so I could not claim on them.
How can my previous insurer pay out a claim without notifying me and blackening my name in the process without letting me know?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Did your insurers at that time pay out please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have said that they settled a personnel injury claim so I can only assume that they did pay out.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do the terms of the policy allow them to settle claims without your authority please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to check but am awaiting their reply to my telephone call as I have asked them to remove the claim from the register so that I do not have to pay any more for my car insurance,
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
ok. Let me know when you look at the policy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am away on business at the moment but will be home on Friday can check it then. I have just phoned Tesco and they have written to me once received I will let you know what they are saying.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure.