75100385

How much will this cost please? Claim v VW not related

Customer Question

Hello how much will this cost please? Claim v VW not related to emissions, rather breach of data protection and telling us we owe them money - we do not and can prove it. Thanks. Ian
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Can you please explain your situation in more detail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we part exchanged a car vw polo which has now been sold on by the vauxhall dealer, the person who bought it has changed the number plate. Finance was settled by the vauxhall dealer as per procedures. vw have sent us a letter saying we owe 440GBP approx and quoted the new number plate, also they have threatened us that we better not have sold the car. Also they have sent us a letter prior to this one saying that we owe nothing and they are de=registering their interest in the car and that we own it, new number plate quoted.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.To be clear you have one letter saying you owe nothing and another saying you owe £440. Is that right?Alex
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have sent a refund to my wifes account for one payment - listed as returned - but have proceeded to send a letter saying we owe the two other payments listed as returned. All this since quoting a full settllement figure last Dec 2015. Car was part exchanged for a vauxhall corsa - the polo was then re-sold by the vauxhall dealer to another person who changed the number plate. My wife has been hounded by letters recently Mar to Apr 2016 - gross negligence I call it. Also we have the new number plate we should not have that under DP laws I understand, they are assuming we still own it and we have replated it. Yes, they have said we owe nothing and they are de-registering their interest in another letter too. The latest letter is the one for the demand saying that we would be in breach of contract for selling it whilst finance is outstanding - it is not. ian
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
When would be good to call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right now please
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex