75100385

I have recently sold my house, but because the sale of my property

I have recently sold my house, but because the sale of my property didn't tally with the purchase of the property I am buying, I have had to take out a temporary tenancy agreement with the new owners of my old house. The tenancy agreement runs out this week and I have still not got a completion date for my new property, the solicitor dealing with my purchase was the same one who dealt with my house sale, but she won't give me a straight answer when I call her and hasn't answered my email, I'm disabled and need to arrange certain adaptions to my new house as well with taking the adaptions from this house with me, all agreed with the new owner of course. Where do I stand legally with regards ***** ***** woman hurry up? It's been a good six weeks, the survey has been done and best part of the search has been done, I really need to get moving as I have a job to go to in the town I am moving to?
Please help
Seren Doyle
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Seren my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.When you say it doesnt tally in what way? Have you spoken to the Managing Partner of the firm of Solicitors yet?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sale of the property was hurried through because the buyers wanted to avoid the stamp duty hike up, whereas my property, the one I'm buying that is, went through normally, I did ask if it could be hurried through but it is still in the pipe line! I'm very stressed as I have so much to arrange, surely if this lady can complete on one property in a matter of two weeks, she should be able to hurry things along a bit for my purchase, if I can't get a completion date soon it means I have to pay for another short term tenancy agreement and another months rent!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Have contracts been exchanged?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've signed and returned the contract weeks ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But don't think they've been exchanged yet
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - sadly you cant make the process go any faster. Either party can pull out of the sale at any time before contracts have been exchanged. However wat you should do is call the firm and speak to the Managing Partner and set out your complaint.Your own Solicitor should be responding to you and giving you a straight answer - after all THAT is exactly what you are paying for.But I dont think you can do much to hurry it up. Unless contracts have been exchanged you dont the other person to pull out.So I would speak to the Managing Partner to get some clarify as to where you stand and what is going on.The good news is that you can't be evicted from your old house, without a Court order. Therefore if need be you could delay moving out of your old house by a couple of months.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The people in the property I am buying have already moved out, so they won't be changing their minds fortunately, but I feel that I am being a pain in the proverbial, with regards ***** ***** who have bought my house, they've been very patient with all this, and really I don't want to hold them up for any longer than I have to, but providing the contracts haven't been exchanged, again a lack of communication on my solicitors particular you say it can't be hurried through, I will have to the with your advice. Thanks for your help
Seren Doyle
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You should keep calling your Solicitor or the Management of the firm. They should be active in pursuing this for you Seren.Can I clarify anything else? Alex
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No you have been very helpful thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Alex