75100385

My son has been bullied at school and outside since September.

My son has been bullied at school and outside since September. Recently police have been involved and they are investigating an Assult against on my son and assult and threatening behaviour directed towards my son and my wife by a parent of one of the twin boys that are involved with most of the bullying.
We've now become aware that the twins have been saying that my son has been cyber-bullying them. I'm convinced that he hasn't (he blocked them as friends in early Feb) and want to know what action I can take to stop them from spreading lies. Can you help?
I know that this may sound a bit petty and unimportant but it is causing untold stress to my son and family and I need it to stop.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.How old are the children making the complaint please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They all 12 years old
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly you are very limited in what you can do. Sadly you cant seek a claim for damages and Defamation against them because of their age, they would need to be over 18.In terms of anything else, just because someone is spreading lies does not mean its illegal, the Police wont be interested.I understand your frustration but sadly this is one of those things that there is very little you can do about. I know its unfair and I agree their behaviour is unacceptable.But in these circumstances because of their age there is nothing you can do.I am sorry that this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could we take action if thepaents repeated any of the lies?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry should read "the parents"
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The parents potentially. You could bring a claim under the Defamation Act 2013 if you can show that you have suffered serious harm. You would need to issue proceedings in the High Court and sadly you wont get legal aid for this.Also you would usually need to have specialist representation which you would have to pay for. If you bring a claim and lose then you would also be responsible for legal costs of the other side.But you can bring a claim yes. Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think so thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex