75100385

I recently had a accident in a Marina whilst carrying out a

Customer Question

I recently had a accident in a Marina whilst carrying out a sailing course. The first night of the course was spent on board the boat, moored on a pontoon in the Marina. We arrived in daylight (4pm) and were shown to our boat. Later that night (10.30pm) I went to use the wash-room, by this time the Marina office was locked and a night security guard was on duty. On my return to the boat, I took a wrong turn and walked straight off the pontoon and fell into the water. I could not get out and struggled for approx 5-7 mins in freezing cold water. I shouted for help and fortunately somebody heard me and came and helped pull me out. I thought that I was going to drown and have suffered with my confidence (lack off), I no longer want to sail (it was a hobby) and have been left feeling anxious and struggle to sleep. The accident happened on the 3rd April. I sailed the next day, however I felt very strange and lacked energy and motivation.
I made a complaint to company who I was sailing with and also the Marina manager who has apologised and has already ordered and fitted safety railings to prevent it from happening again. My understanding is that it is not the first time that it has happened, and in fact I believe the night security officer once fell into the Marina in very close proximity to where I fell.
I had my i-phone in my jacket pocket which is now broken due to the water damage. The replacement cost is approx £400
The Marina manager want to offer me a "gesture", I do not want to be greedy, however I would like to know what sort of figure I may be awarded if this was to go to court and I was successful with a personal injury claim. My personal injury is not physical, but it is psychological.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know what longer term or physical injuries, if any did you suffer?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number is ***** 362 459.
Regards,
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex