75100385

A person droved off in front of my car from the side of

Hi A person droved off in front of my car from the side of the road. I had to break hard to avoid accident and pressed the horn, the driver did not like it so she put two fingers out off her window. We drove few hundred yard away, the driver decided to turn to the entrance of the garden centre (with no indication again). Then the driver stopped and pressed the horn and put her two fingers out again. I followed her to the carpark as I was upset and went to complain. She did not accept any wrong doing and told me to go back where I came from.I was very distressed and put my hands against her shoulders told her that'enough. Then I walked away. She reported to police that I assaulted her.She ammited to police that she gave two fingers up to me. On that day I was on my way to my doctor as I had shingles and I was prescribed anti-viral for shingles. I am a cancer patient who has enough on my plate and never has any kind of criminal record. Police came to me and wanted me to make a statement (two months after the incident and ask me to write an apology letter to her. Ten years ago, I was a victim when my husband farm was on fired, fire men asked me to shut the gate not allowed anyone in and out of the blue someone just slapped my face because she was not allowed to get into the farm yard. Firemen saw the incident and I reported to police. Police told me that he asked the woman who hit me to write a letter to me, and adviSed me that was not in the public interest therefore tere was no charge against the person who hit me even through she hit me in front of firemen in my own property.I did not know the person who hit me and not even has a conversation with her at all. Police put it down to her stress as her mother's house was next door from my husband farm. I hope ypu could help me as I am very distressed and upset. I just want this thing to go away from me.If you could explain of the situation I encountered.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What is it you would like to know about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will I be charged by the police.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Did you assault the person?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Why did you hold her shoulders?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I did not as I was panick and upset when she told me to go back where I came from. I thought she was no good. I do not remember either touched or hold her shoulders or her chest as I did not expect her reaction which turned fast to strange comment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted her to stop and did not even think about it just wanted to stopped her insulting me.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. If you didn't do that then it's unlikely you will be charged. At most it will be a caution. But you can also say you did it in self defence as you were being threatened. Clearly this is also a race crime as he said go back to where you come from.The police should investigate that and prosecute if necessary.But no, I do not think you will be charged.Can I clarify anything for you? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Police said he would come to interview me at my house and what is that for, by the way I am Thai who has been in UK about 30 years. I do not want police to charge her either as I still dealing with my cancer just lost my chest last year and just had biopsy last week for a suspect cancer on the other side. Perhaps, you can understand why I do not want to get involved with anything at all as it has upset me more and more.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed. I would just set out what happened. There was no assault and indeed the other person made racist remarks which offended you.That is the more serious offence. Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. I touched her but I do not remember where. Police told me that he saw cctv indicated that I either touched her or push her gently as she was not even moved and I told him what I had told you. I was not very well at that day that why I do not remember the exact incident. Police said he had more serious crime to do and he did not want to spend his time here.he told me to write an apology letter to her and it will be it. My question is why does he wants to interview me and what is a likely out come.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
if it's a push you may have an issue. But I do not know why the police will want to see you. You need to emphasise the racial comments that were made.As I have said, that is very serious indeed.Does that clarify? Alex
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience