12826847

I live in a mid-terraced house and my neighbour is re-roofing

Customer Question

Hello Jo
I live in a mid-terraced house and my neighbour is re-roofing his roof, there are two chimney stacks which span half of my roof and half of my neighbours, the chimneys from these stacks go into my property but are not currently being used. The rear chimney stack is damaged on the neighbours side, my side is rendered and was done so when my roof was replaced some years ago. My neighbour is claiming that the chimney stack is mine and is demanding that i pay the full price of removing and capping of the chimney stack to make it safe. The roofing compnay have quoted over £500 to do the work. My understanding is that it is a shared stack and we should be sharing the cost. Is my understanding correct ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your interest in me but this isn't my area. I will opt out for others.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have time to wait for an answer - I have had to make a decision regarding this issue. I would appreciate a refund of the money as you were unable to give me a satisfactory answer. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had no response from my request earlier - and would appreciate a reply and acknowledgement that my money will be fully refunded as per your terms and conditions because I did not receive a satisfactory answer, in fact I did not receive an answer at all.