12826847

My names Dawn. I was wrongfully sectioned in 1996. I

Customer Question

Hello, my names Dawn. I was wrongfully sectioned in 1996. I got out on appeal with the help of a solicitor who's name I can't remember now. However, at the time he asked me that if I wanted to take it further to contact him. I didn't have the means at the time to do this. Is it too late to claim any form of compensation?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
On what basis please?What was the wrongful sectioning?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After a physical abuse incident with my then boyfriend I decided to leave him. He knew this, and began to drink heavily and he asked for me to take him to a ward as a voluntary patient. Next, my G.P. Arrived, along with a social worker and a phychiatrist who proceeded to have me sectioned. I believe my partner, who I was leaving had made false allegations to people he spoke to through the hospital.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. But what have the professionals done that amounts to an incorrect sectioning?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what you mean...
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Just because they acted upon an allegation that may have been false doesn't mean they have been negligent. The police act upon false allegations all the time.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What have those who sectioned you done that they should not have done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to cancel my subscription as I have changed my mind.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. All the best.