12826847

I store my suitcase at the flat of my friend who lives

Hi, I store my suitcase at the flat of my friend who lives in the same building. She stop friendship with me and refuse to give me back my suitcase. How can I claim the money that I bought the other one.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How long was the case there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
since August 2015
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we tried to get in November, than she stop talking with me, I ask again few times in the meantime, but nothing
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How old is that case?What was the cost when you bought it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 years
in perfect condition
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
200euro, it was bought in italy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i replace thwith the same size here and payed 103.20 £, as I needed for traveling
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I make a court claim
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You would have a claim for the actual value of that case. You cannot claim the cost of a new case I’m afraid. If she is withholding your property then that is unlawful. However, your claim is for the value of that case. You cannot replace old with new at her expense. If you paid 200 euros two years ago then you would probably get around 75 - 100 for the wear and tear. Also, it is not a good idea to issue immediately. The right thing to do would be to send her a letter before action giving her 7 days to make the case available for collection and making clear that in default you will sue. If you issue immediately you are at risk of paying costs. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did sent a letter, and she told me that the case was already damaged, that she never used it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I bring the whitness who traveled with her , and confirm that she used the case could help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not care for the money for the suitcase,I am upset the way she did, and want to give her a hard time, even if I get min of the value it is fine. I spent here 47 £ already so it is a question of principe
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I understand.But you don't want to end up paying her costs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, but if she does not give me back the case, what I have to do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how I can get my suitcase
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You would have a claim for the actual value of that case.The right thing to do would be to send her a letter before action giving her 7 days to make the case available for collection and making clear that in default you will sue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok if she does not give, what I have to do
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Then you would have to sue at the small claims court for the actual value of the original case minus a reduction for the age of it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the amount I payed to talk to you is for this time, I will not be charge each month for that
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You need to ask customer services about that as we are never involved with billing but they can do that for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is customer service contact details
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi. You can get them on***@******.***