Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My deeds state that I have restrictive covenants. Where

Customer Question

Hi, My deeds state that I have restrictive covenants. Where and what are these? I basically need to know whether I can put my caravan on my front lawn or not. Here are my deeds:
Title Number : EX245017
This title is dealt with by Land Registry, Peterborough Office.
The following extract contains information taken from the register of the above title number. A full copy of the register accompanies this document and you should read that in order to be sure that these brief details are complete.
Neither this extract nor the full copy is an 'Official Copy' of the register. An official copy of the register is admissible in evidence in a court to the same extent
as the original. A person is entitled to be indemnified by the registrar if he or she suffers loss by reason of a mistake in an official copy.
This extract shows information current on 26 APR 2016 at 11:09:21 and so does not take account of any application made after that time even if pending in the Land Registry when this extract was issued.
REGISTER EXTRACT
Title Number: EX245017
Address of Property: 16 Harty Close, Grays (RM16 2BH)
Price Stated: £182,500
Registered Owner(s): JON WILLIAM SLEEMAN and SUZANNE MARIE SLEEMAN of 16 Harty Close, Grays, Essex RM16 2BJ.
Lender(s) : NRAM PLC Elderbridge Limited
Title number EX245017
This is a copy of the register of the title number set out immediately below, showing the entries in the register on 26 APR 2016 at 11:09:21. This copy does not take account of any application made after that time even if still pending in the Land Registry when this copy was issued.
This copy is not an 'Official Copy' of the register. An official copy of the register is admissible in evidence in a court to the same extent as the original. A person is entitled to be indemnified by the registrar if he or she suffers loss by reason of a mistake in an official copy. If you want to obtain an official copy, the Land Registry web site explains how to do this.
A: Property Register
This register describes the land and estate comprised in the title.
THURROCK
1 (01.06.1981) The Freehold land shown edged with red on the plan of the above Title filed at the Registry and being 16 Harty Close, Grays (RM16 2BH).
2 The Transfer dated 27 April 1981 referred to in the Charges Register was made pursuant to Chapter 1 of Part 1 of the Housing Act, 1980 and the land has the benefit of and is subject to such easements as are granted and reserved in the said Deed and the easements and rights specified in paragraph 2 of Schedule 2 of the said Act.
3 The Transfer dated 27 April 1981 referred to above contains a provision as to boundary structures.
B: Proprietorship Register
This register specifies the class of title and identifies the owner. It contains any entries that affect the right of disposal.
Title absolute
1 (13.09.2007) PROPRIETOR: JON WILLIAM SLEEMAN and SUZANNE MARIE SLEEMAN of 16 Harty Close, Grays, Essex RM16 2BJ.
2 (13.09.2007) The price stated to have been paid on 20 April 2007 was £182,500.
3 (13.09.2007) RESTRICTION: No transfer or lease of the registered estate by the proprietor of the registered estate is to be registered without a written consent signed by the proprietor for the time being of the Charge dated 20 April 2007 in favour of NRAM PLC referred to in the Charges Register.
4 (11.03.2008) RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered estate by the proprietor of the registered estate is to be registered without a written consent signed by the proprietor for the time being of the Charge dated 4 February 2008 in favour of Elderbridge Limited referred to in the Charges Register.
C: Charges Register
Title number EX245017
This register contains any charges and other matters that affect the land.
1 A Transfer of the land in this title dated 27 April 1981 made between (1) Thurrock Borough Council and (2) David John Wilde and Janet Ann Wilde contains restrictive covenants.
NOTE: Original filed.
2 (13.09.2007) REGISTERED CHARGE dated 20 April 2007.
3 (13.09.2007) Proprietor: NRAM PLC (Co. Regn. No.(###) ###-#### ***** Croft Road, Crossflatts, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16 2UA.
4 (13.09.2007) The proprietor of the Charge dated 20 April 2007 referred to above is under an obligation to make further advances. These advances will have priority to the extent afforded by section 49(3) Land Registration Act 2002.
5 (11.03.2008) REGISTERED CHARGE dated 4 February 2008.
6 (27.01.2016) Proprietor: ELDERBRIDGE LIMITED (Co. Regn. No.(###) ###-#### ***** Target House, Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff CF11 9AU.
7 (17.01.2013) Equitable charge created by an interim charging order of the King's Lynn County Court dated 11 January 2013 in favour of HFC Bank Limited (Court Reference 2XO89339).
NOTE: Copy filed.
End of register
Thanks, Jon
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 7 months ago.
Hi Jon,Thanks for your enquiry.You need to obtain and read through the contents of the Transfer dated 27th April 1981, mentioned in the Charges Register. This is the document which will contain the covenants and you will be able to see if there is anything prohibiting you from storing a caravan.If you do not have a copy, you can obtain a copy from the Land Registry.I hope this assists but please let me know if you require any further help.Kind RegardsAl
Hi,Can I be of any more assistance to you?Kind RegardsAl