Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have received a county court business centre claim form,

Customer Question

I have received a county court business centre claim form, how does that work if I do not respond
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. If you do not respond Judgement will be awarded in favour of the claimant. They can then take steps to enforce the judgement against you. Why do you not want to respond?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It comes off my credit report in on 3 July 2016
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
right but what is it? a missed payment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a default on a Vodafone contract from July 2010 £478.76 and he letter says they are claiming £517.06 + £60 court fee + £70.00 legal representatives costs = £647.06. The letter says it ids from County Court Business Centre in Northampton and the claimant is a company called Lowell Portfolio. Quick question do I get charged everytime I reply?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
No only one charge, The problem is if you do not respond and do not pay you will get a CCJ anyway so this will show on your credit file as a CCJ rather than the current default. There is absolutely no benefit in not responding you are better off responding and trying to get an agreement to repay (if you agree the money is owed.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything I can clarify for you?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
If I have answered your question I would be very grateful if you would rate my answer before leaving the site as I am not otherwise credited for answering your question. If you have any follow on questions I will be happy to answer them. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
hi is there anything else you would like to know as I can see you have not yet rated my answer which is an important part of the process?