29905560

I had my Gallbladder removed in April 2015 and in February

I had my Gallbladder removed in April 2015 and in February 2016 it was discovered some scar tissue was left inside me. They said it had dropped onto my stomach. I was also informed if it was no scar tissue but actual tissue it could have gone septic, is there negligence there?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Whether this is negligence would depend on what a reasonable surgeon would have done in the circumstances and if your one fell below the standard expected of a reasonable surgeon. This is going to be a matter decided by a competent medical professional rather than a lawyer. For example you may wish to see a specialist in the area and ask whether what happened to you is something which any competent surgeon qualified in this area would have done or if it would be reasonable expected of them not to have left scar tissue as in your case. Also it is no good to argue that what could have happened could have been dangerous – you only claim for what actually happened, so you cannot rely on the situation of ‘if this was actual tissue rather than scar tissue’. If the specialists say that this should not have happened and this has in turn caused you injury then yes there is indeed potential for negligence there and you should see a personal injury lawyer to consider taking the matter further. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you