Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I need a legal advice on two issues. 1. I have a Limited

I need a legal advice on two issues.
1. I have a Limited company ABC Ltd registered with company house and providing education consultancy, recently we have launch a website and started offering a recruitment consultancy service under different trading name ZXY. Could you advice me how to display this correctly on official letters and invoices , especially when the invoice or correspondents is coming from my ZXY trading company.
2. Our recruitment business is relatively new, in the last month the load of work is massive and we have decided to look for a self employed recruitment consultant to work on commission base role. He/she gets 75% out of profit they bring to the company. We will offer them an access to our network and contact so they have a great guides and support from us. Is this legal to have someone as self employed recruitment consultant, what time of agreement/contract we need to sign to avoid any future legal issues. How long that person can stay with our company as self employed ,what proof do we receive from that person to make sure that he/she is self employed ?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you:1. If ZXY is a trading name, you must say somewhere on the invoices that "ZXY is a trading name of ABC Limited" - you must also state on the invoice its registered office and the company number of ABC Limited - This is a requirement of the Companies (Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2015;
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
2. It is legal to have someone as a self employed recruitment consultant - you would need them to sign a consultancy agreement - the only thing to consider is are regulated by any professional organisation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I find a consultancy agreement online and adjust it ? Also How long that person can stay with our company as self employed(is there a limit to few months/years) ,what proof(any HMRC references) do we receive from that person to make sure that he/she is self employed ?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
There is no limit to the number of years, but you must make sure they do not acquire employment rights by inadvertently treating them as an employee - for example by giving them holiday time and benefits or paying PAYE. Some people use sites such as Simply Docs for precedents - but give you want to be certain this person remains as just self, I would get a local solicitor to draft it. At least if the solicitor then drafts the document incorrectly you would have the benefit of their professional insurance to protect you. Kind regards AJ