12826847

I'm not married and have been living with my partner in a flat

Customer Question

I'm not married and have been living with my partner in a flat which is in his sole name. I have made significant contributionso to the rent..would there be any benefit in protecting my interest, if any, in that property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to ensure he pays maintenance for our 7 year old daughter
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Are you separating and are there any formal agreements or deed of trust in place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are separating...he wants me to move out and find housing myself and leave our daughter with him
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no agreements in place
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you answer my question please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionFor clarity who actually owns the property - and who has had the day to day care of the child until now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he owns the property we have both had day to day care of child
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will you be answering my question now instead of the other person, I won't have to pay twice will I?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and have you seen my original question?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You will only have to pay once.What payments have you actually made towards the property
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's towards rent...I would pay it into my husbands account for several years
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I thought you were not married?How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know why I said husband..we are not married. I don't know how much it's worth or the outstanding mortgage
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Best guess on the figures - and how much did you pay each month?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it varied from 250.00 per month to 500.00...what difference does that make....can he lock me out?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Since you are not married and are not an owner of the property it is a matter of looking at what other rights you may have.Do you both work full time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do he doesn't
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want this conversation to show on the website...I've given away too much information
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will it be erased
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can ask for it to be locked once the question is concluded - and actually nothing you have said actually gives much away about your identity.If he does not work does that mean that effectively YOU have been paying the mortgage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well..he has been working on and off...temporary jobs...but yes I have been the main breadwinner....he does have money to buy a car gym membership etc but I don't know where that money comes from
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I definitely want it locked...can you arrange for this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you are unable to answer my question could I please have a refund?