75100385

I am an IT contractor, my contract with CompanyC, provides

Customer Question

I am an IT contractor, my contract with CompanyC, provides services to ClientV.
My contract with CompanyC does not allow me to go into competition with them, fair enough.
I am being offered another contract by CompanyD, who also provide services to ClientV; the business has already been won, they have a PO from the ClientV.
So I see it as there is no competition, and I do not believe CompanyC were ever in competition for this business.
I am being warned (verbally, and not by a legal rep.) by CompanyC, that they view CompanyD as a competitor.
Would I be breaking my contract with CompanyC, by contracting to CompanyD?
Excerpt from my contract with CompanyC follows
“ . The Company shall not, and shall procure that the Designated Consultant(s) shall not, directly or indirectly in any capacity whatsoever and whether alone or jointly with or in association with another or others:
. 1  in competition with CompanyC and during and for the period of 12 months after the termination of this Agreement:
. (i)  canvass, solicit, interfere with or endeavour to entice away from CompanyC the business or custom of any Client or Client’s Affiliate (to whom the Services have been provided), that the Company and/or the Designated Consultant had previously been engaged by CompanyC to provide Services, or
. (ii)  have any business dealings with, accept orders from, work for or provide services to (save in the proper performance of the Services), any Client or Client’s Affiliate (to whom the Services have been provided), that the Company and/or the Designated Consultant had previously been engaged by CompanyC to provide Services; “
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Just to be clear you are being offered the work, you are not competing with Company C?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, sorry not right time now, can we do this tomorrow?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
We can stay online if you prefer? Or we can chat on the phone tomorrow?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
phone *********** tomorrow please,, should be free 0900-1200
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - if I could invite you to accept the additional service, then I can call you tomorrow. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, you missed my morning availability slot. I am available now until 15:30, and from 18:30 to 20:30, please let me know when we can talk.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - I can do 18:30 to 20:30. Can you remind me then as the system doesnt have reminders for me!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok will do
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Just tried. No one picked up. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ready
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still here
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Can I call you after 930, I am just with a client?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
upto 2145, no later please,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex
I will be free tomorrow between 0830 and 1530, just send me a text 10 mins beforehand, so I can get to a computer.
Otherwise can we fix on a time of 1900?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
1900 yes but again please remind me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
online and ready
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex