31090051

Bought a used car in Glasgow 21/4/16 traded my car and £450.00

bought a used car in Glasgow 21/4/16 traded my car and £450.00 drove car home Glasgow to dundonald basically engine blew up as a figure of speech got it towed to a garage in Irvine they confirmed the engine was wasted I contacted the person from whom I bought the car and he offered me £150 compensation to help buy another engine I asked for my car and money back and he refused said my car was in London I told him it was on gumtree asking price £1,345 he said I was a funny person and hung up I went back on to gumtree a few hours later and the advert about my car was missing is there anyway I can get proper compensation I know he uses gumtree to sell his cars
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Is the seller a car dealer or a private individual?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he says he I a private seller but I know he has sold on gumtree before
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If he is a private seller you can't rely on the sale of goods act, only whether he misrepresented the condition of the car either in his advert or when you spoke to him. If he said the car was in good condition for example you should sue for misreprentation and claim damages. If he said nothing about the condition of the vehicle then you have no remedy against him.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
p s I am a silly 72 year old man I have all e-mail messages about the deal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
o k thanks for your help
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Please leave a positive rating on the system so that I am credited for my time. Happy to help further at any time.