75100385

Freedom of information Request: A complaint was made to my

Freedom of information Request: A complaint was made to my professional organisation /regulatory body by a neighbours daughter. She is in her late 30's. Her complaint was false.. I wish to take legal action against the complainant for making a false complaint. She complained to the police that she heard lots of shouting and swearing which was true. She complained to my professional organisation that she saw me hit a vehicle with a stick(as it drove towards me) which is false, she did not . My professional body has stated that they have considered my request for releasing information regarding this complaint against me but cannot disclose it to me . Can I compel them to disclose this complaint against me under freedom of information act as it is malicious and will only encourage the complainant and her family to continue making false complaints. They are vengeful due to a boundary dispute.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.They are correct. This would breach the Data Protection Act. The only way you can get the information is with a Court order.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you , I must have been wrong in thinking that data protection will protect date but provide some protection against malicious complaints by individuals who wish to remain anonymous to the complainant (because they have made a false complaint and action can be taken against them).

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly they can't give you the details of who made the complaint. Only the court can order disclosure.I realise this is frustrating. Can I clarify anything else?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know who made the complaint. Do I have a right to know the contents of a complaint against me after the data has been anonymised?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes. That can be redacted. Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you . Yes I need to be more specific when requesting this information form my professional body. Is it correct to inform them that I have a right to obtain information regarding a malicious complaint against me. I do not need the complainants personal data (i.e. their name etc , which is already know to me)

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Correct. Does that help? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

excellent thank you

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
All the best. Alex