Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I was with my ex boyfriend years however he lived in

Customer Question

I was with my ex boyfriend for 3 years however he lived in Northern Ireland and I live in Manchester. Due to the fact he earned more money than I he would send me monthly money for flights, my phone bills and other costs. We broke up in 2015 and at the time I was paying for medical care which he helped with. We subsequently broke up. He is now asking for copies of all my personal medical bills to prove these costs and I have offered to send him the credit card receipt but he wants breakdown. I obviously don't wish to send personal details but he's threatening to go to the police if I don't, does he have a case that I need to share these?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. I would recommend you write back to him as follows:- Say that you are no obligation to provide him with your personal medical records;- Say the money was paid to you without condition, and accordingly he cannot just add conditions because you have broken;- Say that it is a criminal offence to harass someone for money in England under S.40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970;- Say that you have been more than fair in offering your credit card statements but the matter now has to close.I would note that I am not really sure what he would achieve by going to the police. This is a civil matter and there is no suggestion you have defrauded him. I think if he did go to the police they would likely just tell him it is a civil matter.You are not under an obligation to show him your personal medical files.Kind regards AJ