Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My girlfriend left me New Years day 2015 so 16 months ago

Customer Question

Hi my girlfriend left me New Years day 2015 so 16 months ago for someone else, we have two kids and I pay her £200 a month plus I pay for their swimming lessons which is £40 a month ! This may not sound a lot but I'm trying to get back on my feet and with the little bit of debt she left me with I'm struggling to pay it off but I am ! My main goal is to clear it and get my own place for me and my girls ! Now she's just rang saying she wants them to do dance lessons every Saturday from 12 and its £35 a month and I will loose half the day on my weekend to do it ! One I can't afford it and two I dont really want to loose anyore time with my girls ! Where do I stand with her just deciding to do something on my weekend ? I've told her she can't she can't just start something on my weekend, but she's just said tuff you can pick them up from 1 ?!
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm if there are any court orders in place, or a child maintenance calculation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We haven't gone to court so no court orders ! And we havnt gone through the csa it's just an agreement but I do a bank transfer every month so I have proof of payment !
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Firstly, your child maintenance liability is based on your gross income and how often, on average, the children stay overnight with you each week - if you can provide these details I can inform you of your legal obligation amount.In relation to the dance lessons clashing with your contact time, as there are no court orders in place regarding the arrangements she can change the arrangements if they are in the children's best interests but should be obtaining your consent as they impact the time you spend with them. If the girls do want to go to the dance lessons, could you not rearrange for that contact time to be made up on a different day? If no amicable agreement can be reached then your only option would be to pursue the matter to court for the arrangements to be decided. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.