75100385

W** AlexFurther to my previous issue;As

**FOR ALEX W**Hi AlexFurther to my previous issue;As per your advice, I asked the Claimant to request permission from the Court. The Claimant's solicitor has now got back to me. They are asking me to sign a consent order. There are two orders:1. To agree to retrospective permission to serve the documents at a different address (i.e. my home address where the documents were served on me). Can I not leave this for the Court to decide?2. In the same Order, they have also asked that D2 (a limited company that has now been dissolved) to be struck out of the claim. This is clearly because they have realised that D2 had no part to play in the issue/claim they have raised. However, I have spent time and money on writing back to them regarding D2's position. Can I not recoup costs for this?Many thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for asking for me.1. Yes you can do, they need to apply for relief and you cant give permission for relief on the Court can2. You can only claim for D2 costs for your own time. You cant claim on behalf of the company because they dont exist. Usually when you write it would be in capacity of Director, so you wouldnt be able to recover that.But if you did it personally then yes.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So with regards ***** ***** I thought you previously said that if I unreasonably objected to relief that I could be penalised with costs? Sorry, I'm a bit confused.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you could be. But you can say it's a matter for the court.In reality if the coming is dissolved they don't need to be a party to the claim so won't matter if statements were served.Does that clarify?Alex