75100385

I did not receive a tenancy agreement but paid six months rent

I did not receive a tenancy agreement but paid six months rent (no guarantor). If I have no term, deed of assignment or end of lease requirements, do I have to find a replacement for my room in shared accommodation - 3 other tenants, when the six months is up. Property manager is asking for 200 GBP to transfer deed of assignment.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.They can't charge you anyway. As such they can not levy a charge.There is no agreement, there is nothing that says they can charge.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not in London - I am in Canada negotiating on behalf of my daughter. I can communicate by e-mail or my phone number here if 1(###) ###-####
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
They can't charge you anyway. As such they can not levy a charge.There is no agreement, there is nothing that says they can charge.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there an obligation to find a new tenant and can the property company keep any of the deposit (880 GBP) for 'fees'
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No. There is no agreement. They can not impose any fees nor ANY other obligation.There is nothing in writingDoes that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the clarification. Is there a time limit for returning the deposit?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
14 days. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex