75100385

VODAFONE HAVE AGREED TO CANCEL A 24MONTH CONTRACT AFTER 12MONTHS

VODAFONE HAVE AGREED TO CANCEL A 24MONTH CONTRACT AFTER 12MONTHS AND SAID I WILL NOT BE CHARGED A CANCELLATION FEE, BUT NOW BECAUSE THEY REALISE THEY MADE A MISTAKE AND THERE IS AN IPAD ATTACHED TO THE CONTRACT THEY ARE SAYING I EITHER NEED TO RECONNECT THE CONTRACT AND PAY FOR THE FINAL 12 MONTHS OR RETURN THE IPAD. WHERE DO I STAND LEGALLY?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Just to clarify, was the Ipad part of the original deal?Did they agree to release you without a fee in writing?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is where it gets complicated because the line the ipad was attached to (number ending in 107) was not the line i thought it was attached to this is why i wanted the line cancelled because i thought it had already been removed.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure. But did they confirm in writing you were released and no fee?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not in writing, but their calls are recorded.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
they accept they made the offer to release and you accepted?Did you accept when they offered it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have paid for 12 months of the 24 month contract at £33 a month a total of £396 which essentially has paid for the ipad therefore I don't believe i need to return the ipad after they have cancelled the contract.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the time that i took out the contract in April 2015 i was also mis sold insurance. I was told that the insurance i took out would cover all devices old or new and when I went to a vodafone shop to have one device repaired they told me this type of insurance does not and has never existed with Apple products.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then there is nothing they can do.They agreed to release you and you accepted they can't change it.They should not have offered a release if they didn't check facts.In short if they offered, you accepted then they can not change it. It's their error.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok that clarifies that point, but they are now saying that my dispute is in 'deadlock' and until it is resolved the 12 months remaining will be added as charges to my account. Can they now do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am assuming not because they agreed to cancel with no fees.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No. They accepted it. You can refer it to the ombudsman if appropriate. They are at https://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.htmlDoes that help? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck. Alex