Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

My next door neighbour who refused the the offer of the council

Customer Question

My next door neighbour who refused the the offer of the council errecting a fence between our properties at the back of the houses for free for reasons known only to herself. I therefore errected a fence between our properties out of my own pocket.
I arrived home one day to find that she had painted the fence adjacent to her property do i have a claim for damages.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.
I get the feeling she is not all there but unless she has damaged the fence by painting it the answer is , No .Paint is a preservative and it is difficult to see what damage she could have done if she stuck to the side that is in her garden.Best wishesMichael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the grounds that the fence belongs to me would i be within my rights to reverse the pannels
You can do, although I would question why?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Surely if the fence belongs to me i am within my right change reverse or replace the pannels as and when i feel the need.
There is nothing to legally stop you from reversing the panels.Best regardsMichael