75100385

Good morning I ordered some furniture house in Corfu.

Good morning
I ordered some furniture for our house in Corfu. The company is English owned but its address is in Crete. The company ships the furniture from England to Greece. The owner of the company said if I pay into his English bank account I would get a 15% discount. Which I did pay into his UK account. The furniture order was placed and paid for on 2nd February. I received ⅔'s of the order. We agreed a delivery date of 18th March. The part delivery was delivered on 19th MarchI asked where the rest of my order was and after a few weeks of the supplier not communicating with me I decided to cancel the outstanding order. I have asked for a full refund. He has finally got back to me and said he is going to charge shipping costs taken from the refund. His company states a maximum lead time of 6 weeks. I cancelled on 8th April. This is 9 weeks. What are my consumer rights? Do I have to pay for shipping? I have had to buy more furniture and beds to replace the outstanding items. So I am already of pocket
Georgina
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Georgina my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Does the owner like in the uk or abroad? Was it the uk you transferred the money to?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He lives in the Uk i think. His trading address is Crete. Yes I paid into his UK account which should have an English business account registered but he has not be forthcoming with his UK trading address
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
However you have no uk details for his company or him personally whatsoever?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have his trading address vat number and tax number in Crete. He has a website and shop also in Crete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But to have a business bank account in the UK he must have a UK trading address... its really to know if I have consumer rights in the UK and the EU to get a full refund and that he cannot charge me for shipping costs when he broke the contract
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is correct. You have rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.He can not charge shipping costs and you have full UK rights.So no, he can't do what he is doingCan I clarify anything for you ?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex...does the EU have similar rights?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes they do. Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks..thats great...it does clarify everything
Georgina
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex