31090051

I am writing a licence agreement and need advice. I have formed

Customer Question

I am writing a licence agreement and need advice. I have formed a LLP with my partner. He has written a Boeing 737 aircraft tech manual. He is the licenced owner. And we are setting up a licence between him and the company. Does there have to be some financial gain for the owner from the LLP?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Your partner owns the copyright in the manual and wishes to either licence or assign the copyright to the LLP? No money necessarily has to change hands. What you need is a copyright licence agreement or assignation of copyright agreement. Happy to discuss further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anywhere you would recommend I can find a template to draft the agreement?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Here is one you could use the relevant clauses. http://www.hirstarts.com/legal/license.pdf. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If the business sells the Tech manual, who would be sued for copyright iossues if there were any? And what would the liabilty be to the partners of the business?

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
It would be the party trying to use the copyright work, so the LLP. The partners of the LLP would not be personally liable for the debts of the LLP.