12826847

I live in a bungalow which until recently had an amazing view

Customer Question

I live in a bungalow which until recently had an amazing view which affected the value of my property. (Green belt land) I now have a building site at the back which has been government passed to build 85 homes following government directives to build more homes in Britain. There are only 9 homes affected and due to work commitments only one family were able to attend pre build meetings. One thing that did come from the meeting was that only gable ends would show from our perspective. This is untrue since I am overlooked by a two story house in construction and have a garage directly behind my garden wall. The Avenue we live on is constantly being used for heavy traffic using a back access onto the site. Consequently the road surface is disheveled, dirty and in need of repair ( only resurfaced 4 years ago) the main road access to the site, as you would expect, is full of potholes, dirt and is so narrow temporary lights are In place. Understandably this is causing stress which is only going to increase since the stressor is possibly going to be there for 2 years or more (their estimate). Do we have any legal redress to any of the above mentioned issues? I would be grateful for your advice. Thank you in anticipation. Annabell McGregor.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Annabell my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.I assume there was planning permission please?Alex